34) What is the relationship between the toxicity of cholera and the quality of a country’s water treatment practices? a) effective water treatment facilities : low toxicity b) ineffective water treatment facilities : low toxicity c) there is no relationship, other factors determine toxicity
35) How many years between mutations that would bring about UV vision in a common species of bird?
36) From the Evolutionary Arms documentary, what was the selective pressure that accounts for the extreme toxicity of the skin secretions of the rough-skinned newt?
37) What health practices in the United States have contributed to the evolution of drug resistant strains of bacteria?
38) In surf perch, what genetically determined trait setup the conditions for speciation by sensory drive? a) the differences in water depth of the two populations. b) the differences in the light environment of the two species. c) limited space in the retina for rod and cone cells. d) all of the above. e) none of the above.
39) Surf perch are an example of:
Extra Credit 40) What is the amino acid switch in opsin when UV vision evolves in birds?