Total current assets 507 plant and equipment net 493

This preview shows page 2 - 4 out of 12 pages.

Total Current Assets 50.7% Plant and Equipment, Net 49.3% Total Assets 100.0% Liabilities: Current Liabilities 26.7% Bonds Payable, 12% 20.0% Total Liabilites 46.7% Stockholders' Equity: Common Stock, $15 par 25.0% Retained Earnings 28.3% Total Stockholders' Equity 53.3% Total Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity 100.0% Note: Columns may not total down due to rounding of percentages 2b Modern Business Supply Common-Size Income Statement (Percentages Not D Description This Year Sales 100.0% 77.5% Gross margin 22.5% Selling and administrative expenses 13.1% Net operating income 9.4% Net income BEFORE interest AND taxes (a) Cost of goods sold
Image of page 2

Subscribe to view the full document.

Interest expense 1.4% Net income before taxes 8.0% Income taxes 2.4% Net income 5.6% 3a 3b 3c 3d 3e Current Ratio 2.5 Acid-test Ratio 1.3 Average Collection period 18 days The average collection period of Sabin Electronics is much higher than the industry Avera may be due to having too many old uncollectible accounts, failing to bill promptly or follo accounts, lax credit checks etc. The collection period has worsened from Last year to this receivable period has increased from 23 days to around 28 days. Also the percentage of a has increased as percentage of total assets. The average sale period has increased from 58 days to 73 days making it higher than indu high sale period implies higher inventory carrying cost. The high inventory also carries th obsolescence and deterioration of inventory.
Image of page 3
Image of page 4
  • Fall '14
  • brynsaas
  • Balance Sheet, gross margin, Modern Business Supply, average sale period

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Get FREE access by uploading your study materials

Upload your study materials now and get free access to over 25 million documents.

Upload now for FREE access Or pay now for instant access
Christopher Reinemann
"Before using Course Hero my grade was at 78%. By the end of the semester my grade was at 90%. I could not have done it without all the class material I found."
— Christopher R., University of Rhode Island '15, Course Hero Intern

Ask a question for free

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern