25) What brought the end of efforts to reunite the eastern and western Roman Empires?
26) Which of the following statements accurately describes social life for Byzantine peasants?
27) What were the hippodromes? A) Greek plays adopted by Byzantine tragedians B) outdoor arenas used for athletic competitions C) aqueducts used by the Romans D) young male spectators who were either "Blues" or "Greens"
28) Why did the Byzantine Empire experience a population decline in the 600s and 700s?
29) Which of these advanced as far as the gates of Constantinople in the 620s?
30) What was the result of the Muslim attacks in the 670s?
31) Which of the following statements about Heraclius is NOT true? A) He fought and defeated the Persians.B) He was a devout Christian.C) He was the last Byzantine emperor.D) He was considered a tenacious warrior.
32) How did the lives of Byzantine women change after invasions by Muslims?