Course Hero Logo

Through fgm majority of the respondents 412 concurred

Course Hero uses AI to attempt to automatically extract content from documents to surface to you and others so you can study better, e.g., in search results, to enrich docs, and more. This preview shows page 74 - 77 out of 103 pages.

through FGM, majority of the respondents (41.2%) concurred with 27.6% of the respondentsstrongly agreeing. 18.4% of them disagreed with 3.9% strongly disagreeing. Only 8.8% were notsure with this statement. The researcher further sought to find out whether girls who have gone
64through FGM were accepted back to school despite the cutting. In this case, majority of therespondents (53.1%) strongly agreed while a slight number (29.4%) agreeing. 17.5% of therespondents were not sure. When asked if education on the dangers and the consequences ofFGM practices was incorporated in school curriculum, 35.9% agreed with the statement, 16.2%strongly agreed, 16.2% disagreed while 14.0% strongly disagreed. On the other hand 17.5% werenot sure. Finally the researcher sought to find out if girls were given reproductive healtheducation and the need to stay safe from FGM. Majority of the respondents (55.3%) agreed,20.6% strongly agreed, 13.2% disagreed while 10.9% strongly disagreed. From the findings ofthe study, it was seen that girls were still accepted fully back to school despite of the practice ofFGM and therefore encouraged girls to fill appreciated and work on stopping the practice.4.10 Eradication of FGM in Maparasha constituency in Kajiado County.It was important for the researcher to carry out a study on the current number in practiceof FGM in the area and if they were any court cases regarding the practice so that the researchercan be able to come up with good conclusions, recommendation and areas of further studies.Table 4.15 Eradication of FGM in Maparasha constituencyin Kajiado County.StatementSAANDSDF%F%F%F%F%IsthepracticeofFGMdeclined?15970.0208.83013.2114.883.5Do we have still court casesregarding FGM practise?15970.0219.02813.0104.7104.7Figure 4.15 shows the response made by the respondents in Maparashaconstituency.Majority of the 70% agreed that the practice in the area had gone down in additionto the court cases which had also declined by 70%.
65CHAPTER FIVESUMMARY OF FINDINGS, DISCUSSIONS, CONCLUSSIONS ANDRECCOMMENDATIONS5.1 IntroductionThis chapter presents the summary of the study findings, discussions, conclusions andrecommendations.5.2 Summary of the FindingsThis section presents the findings from the study. The section is organized into subsections basedon demographic information, Influence of Legal Framework on Eradicating of FGM, Influenceof Alternative Rites of Passage on Eradicating of FGM, Influence of Community BasedRehabilitation Centres (CBRC’s) on Eradicating of FGM, Influence of International Instrumentsand Organizations on Eradicating of FGM and Influence of Girl Child Education on Eradicatingof FGM.5.2.1 Demographic Characteristics of respondentsMajority (68 percent) were female while the remaining (32 percent) of the respondentwere male. Nearly half of the respondents were of the age category of 19-29 with 42.1%. On theposition of the respondents the findings showed that there were 21 male village elderscomprising of 9.21%, women elders were 36 comprising of 15.8%, women community memberswere 78 comprising of 34.2% and the targeted girls were 93 comprising of 40.8%. On religiousaffiliation, out of the 228 respondents 201 of them representing 88.2% were Christians.

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

End of preview. Want to read all 103 pages?

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

Term
Fall
Professor
N/A
Tags
Universal Declaration of Human RIghts, Clitoris, Vulva, Sex organ, Female genital cutting

Newly uploaded documents

Show More

Newly uploaded documents

Show More

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture