82. The IRS is a subsidiary agency of the Department of the ____________________.
83. About ____________________% of all Forms 1040 are audited each year. The rate is about ____________________% if income exceeds $1 million.
84. The IRS is one of the largest Federal agencies, employing about ____________________ people throughoutthe year.
85. According to the IRS, the annual “Tax Gap” totals about $______________________ billion.
86. The IRS processes about ____________________ million individual tax returns every year, about ____________________ percent of which are filed electronically.
87. The chief executive of the IRS is the _________________________.
88. The ____________________, a presidential appointee, is the “IRS’s attorney.”
89. A letter ruling should be requested when the taxpayer wants to know the IRS interpretation of how the tax law will be applied to a ____________________ (proposed, completed) transaction.
90. During an audit, IRS personnel might request a(n) ____________________ from the IRS National Office, to clarify the application of tax law concerning a tax deduction.