• Advertising has a cumulative effect, and is a long-term investment. Sales response builds over time if advertising is consistent.
• With consumer goods and services, marketing and advertising affects your market share more than price does .
• Effective advertising comes from solid planning and high quality production
• Synergy is a real thing in advertising. It comes from the cumulative effect of all of your marketing materials working together
• There are limits to what advertising can accomplish, even with an unlimited budget. Advertising cannot make up for poor quality, service, or timing.
CREATING AN EFFECTIVE ADVERTISING PLAN • Define Your Customers I. Poorly targeted advertisement hinders affectivity II. Advertising for whole world would make it monotonous III. Make no mistake – your advertising plan needs a clear, concise, written definition of who your customers are. Age, sex, marital status, economic status, geographic location, what they read, think, trust, value, desire, and any and all other relevant information should be included in your definition.
Define What Makes You Unique: • Finding the USP • Make a list of the benefits you offer • What benefit is most important to your customers? [Ask them]. • What benefit is hard for your competitors to copy? • What benefit can be clearly communicated to your customers? Is it easy to understand? Is the benefit really desirable to the customer?
SET ADVERTISING GOALS AND OBJECTIVES • ads are supposed to do more than just bring you customers - they are supposed to bring you more profitable customers. • [Desired Sales / Value per customer = # of customers required]. • If you have carefully positioned your company with a unique selling position [USP], and you are making a competitive offer, then you can assume a certain rate of response from your target audience. • If your newspaper can’t deliver that big of an audience, then you can’t expect that big of a response .
• Timing & Scheduling • Don’t Reinvent the Wheel • Evaluation And Follow Through
- Fall '19
Other Related Materials
- Independence University- Salt Lake City
- MAN 105 - Fall 2019
- Owned media is used to develop deeper relationships with customers Your social
- CBS CIB1000 - Spring 2017
- A new mobile application for instant feedback from.pptx
- University of Phoenix
- HRM 300 310 - Spring 2016
A new mobile application for instant feedback from.pptx
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- MKTG 304 - Spring 2014