d. faith-based organizations
34. Which one of the following films conjures up most closely a social expression known
35. Explain what the text means by its claim that the essence of government is collective
36. Using the example of Bob the farmer, examine why and how we theoretically
progress from anarchy to government.
37. Compare and contrast the different types of security (State, Regime, National,
38. Define the terms
and explain how each helps to
explain the origins and purpose of government.
39. Discuss how leaders can make use of group identity and group conflict to increase
40. Explain how someone might go about accumulating “political capital” and how this
accumulation can increase someone’s power.
41. Sociologist Lewis Coser examines group conflict in terms of the social and political
functions it serves. He argues that the degree to which people consider themselves part
of a group increases when that group is engaged in conflict with another group. Explain