d. teaching a society's way of life.
43. Building social relationships and creating tens of thousands of jobs are two of the
_________ of sports.
44. Racial discrimination in professional sports is evident today in ________
a. the positions typically played by white and black players.
b. the exclusion of African American players from professional sports.
c. the fact that most managers and team owners are African American.
d. the fact that women's sports attract less attention than men's sports.
45. Using the symbolic-interaction approach, sports becomes ________
46. A simplified description unfairly applied to every person in the same category is
47. Unlike simple stereotypes, sociological generalizations ________