Name _______________________biol 125 midterm 1 s20183/94. In a patient with a disorder which interfered with his/her ability to produce the myelin normally surrounding neural axons, youmight expect to see the following problems:
5. In which of the following ways do potassium channels in the squid giant axon differ from sodium channels?
6. Conductance (g) is inversely proportional to
7. Which of the following was not seen in the voltage-clamp study of squid action potentials?A. A sustained outward current as a result of hyperpolarization <–––B. A transient inward current as a result of depolarizationC. A transient inward current that shifts to outward current at membrane potentials more positive than ED. Capacitive currents in response to depolarizing voltage steps
8. What is the membrane potential for a cell at room temperature permeable only to Clif it has an inside Clconcentration of 1 mMand an outside Clconcentration of 10 mM?
9. At the presynaptic terminal, the final step of exocytosis of vesicles is triggered by: