26. Consider the following normal sequence of genes: a b c d e f g h. The sequence a b f e d c g h represents a (an): A)deletion. B)duplication. C)inversion. D)translocation.
27. If recombination frequency between two genes is 3 percent, what is the distance between the genes in map units on the linkage map: A: 0.75
28. The physical exchange of segments between homologous chromosomes is calledA: Crossing-overB: SynapsisC: Gene conversionD: Interference29. The maximum recombination frequency between two genes is:
30. A polymorphism is:
31. The CCR5-∆32 allele confers resistance to HIV because:a) of a 32 base pair deletion in the CCR5 co-receptorb) the allele has complex genetic interactions with reverse transcriptasec) CCR5-∆32 destroys infected macrophagesd) this allele produces a unique antibody capable of binding integrase
32. There are two major categories of inherited chromosomal abnormalities: 1) irregular numbers of chromosomes and 2) structural modification in a chromosome. Both are usually a result of: a)mechanical errors during meiosis b)mechanical errors
33. Which of the following causes an extra copy of a chromosomal region to occur?
34. When a chromosome is broken in two places and reconnected so that a region is flipped from the normal order, this is called:
35. Which of the following occurs when a piece of one chromosome breaks off and is attached to another chromosome? A)inversionB)duplicationC)deletionD)simple translocationE)reciprocal translocation
36. If a frameshift mutation causes a stop codon to be inserted into the DNA sequence