Quantitative process analysis exercises (more).docx

4 586586 days theoretical cycle time tct loop t2 1

This preview shows page 2 - 4 out of 4 pages.

CTbp=CT parallel=max(CT exclusive, CT loop+T3)=max(3.4, 5.86)=5.86 days Theoretical cycle time TCT loop = t2 /(1-30%)=2/70%=2.86 hours TCT loop+T3=TCT loop+t3=2.86+3=5.86 hours TCT exclusive OR= 20%*t1+80%*t4=20%*1+80%*2=1.8 hours TCTbp=TCT parallel=max(TCT exclusive, TCT loop+T3)=max(1.8, 5.86)=5.86 hours Efficiency rate=TCTbp/CTbp=5.86 hours/5.86 days =5.86hours /(5.86*7.5 hours)=13.33%
Image of page 2

Subscribe to view the full document.

Exercise 2. Calculate the average cycle time, theoretical cycle time and efficiency rate of the following business process. Task cycle time Task processing time Task 1 1 day 1 hour Task 2 2 days 2 hours Task 3 3 days 3 hours 1 working day consists of 7.5working hours The given process does not comply with the standard loop structure, and thus we need to convert it into a combination of standard structures before we can apply the formulas. The logic of the business process is, task1 and task 2 must be executed once, and after that you have 20% probability of running task 3, task 1 and task 2, and 80% probability of quitting the loop. Again every time you have run task 3, task 1 and task 2, you have 20% probability of redoing the three tasks and 80% probability of quitting the loop. According to this logic, we can convert the process into the one shown below.
Image of page 3
The converted process owns the exactly the same execution logic with the original one, and it consists of standard sequential, exclusive or split/join and loop structures only. This enables us to apply the given formulas to work out the cycle time of the business process. Average cycle time CT loop body = t3+t1+t2=3+1+2=6 days CT loop = 6/(1-20%)=7.5days CT exclusive OR = 80%*0+20%*CTloop=0+20%*7.5=1.5days CTbp=t1+t2+CTexclusive OR=1+2+1.5=4.5days Theoretical cycle time TCT loop body = t3+t1+t2=3+1+2=6 hour TCT loop = 6/(1-20%)=7.5 hours TCT exclusive OR = 80%*0+20%*TCTloop=0+20%*7.5=1.5 hours TCTbp=t1+t2+TCTexclusive OR=1+2+1.5=4.5 hours Efficiency rate=TCTbp/CTbp=4.5hours / 4.5 days=4.5 hours/ (4.5*7.5 hours)=13.33%
Image of page 4
  • Spring '16
  • average cycle time

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern