• Senior enlisted advisors evaluate enlisted Marines for compliance with the MAP.
• Executive officers and senior enlisted advisors are responsible for ensuring that necessary assistance is
provided when developing an appropriate weight reduction plan, or weight redistribution plan, for
Marines assigned to the MAP
• Executive officers and senior enlisted advisors will provide oversight over personnel (officers and
enlisted respectively) assigned to the MAP, ensuring they receive all available resources and support at
the command’s disposal, including the CCIs/CPTRs.
• Executive officers and senior enlisted advisors must look out for the welfare of Marines who are below
their minimum allowable weight limit by ensuring they receive all available resources and support at the
Combat Conditioning Instructors & Command Physical Training Representatives
Combat conditioning instructors (CCI5) and command physical training representatives (CPTRs) are
responsible to the commander for the development, implementation, management, and supervision of
the unit’s MAP, body composition program (BCP), and remedial conditioning program (RCP)
• CCIs and CPTRs are required to manage, select, and train body composition evaluation (BCE) evaluators
for executing weigh-ins and BCEs using the BCP evaluation form
• The CCI, CPTR, or their designated evaluator(s) are the only individuals authorized to perform official
height, weight, and body composition evaluations
• The CCI or CPTR will:
- Report BCE findings for those Marines who exceed weight or body composition standards
- Coordinate diet and nutrition classes or coordinate appointments with Semper Fit fitness and lifestyle
professionals for Marines assigned to the BCP or MAR
- Ensure Marines on their first BCP or MAP assignment order and complete the Semper Fit Basic Fitness
Course (Marine Corps Institute (MCI) 4133)
- Ensure Marines on their second or subsequent BCP or MAP assignment order and complete the
Semper Fit Advance Fitness Course (MCI 4134).
- Provide periodic feedback to the senior enlisted advisor, executive officer, and commanding officer
regarding the progress of assigned Marines
- Initiate MAP evaluation procedures utilizing the MAP evaluation form when notified by the executive
officer or senior enlisted advisor.
• Every Marine will conform to established Marine Corps weight and body composition standards and
present a suitable military appearance, regardless of age, grade, gender, or duty assignment.
• Marines who fail to meet established Marine Corps weight and body composition standards will take
the necessary action to return to standards within the prescribed timeline. Failure to do so may result in
formal assignment to the BCP, which decreases competitiveness for selection for promotion, and