Ballantine,Our Social World, Fourth EditionInstructor ResourcesTest Bank
43. Systematic observation is central in field studies.*A) TrueB)False
44. Secondary analysis uses existing data already collected in other studies.
45. According to the text, content analysis is unobtrusive, meaning the research does not influence the investigated subject by having direct contact.
46. The most common form of representative sample is the convenience sample.
47. According to the text, codes of ethics answer all ethical dilemmas that arise during the researchprocess.A)True*B) False
48. Research methods work in tandem with sociological theories.
49. Meso-level analysis focuses on institutions, large organizations, and ethnic communities.
50. Micro-level analysis considers the larger social context—national and global—within which a number of single social units resides.
51. Macro-level theories would consider questions related to U.S.-Chilean policies.*A) TrueB)False
52. According to conflict theorists, symbolic communication helps people construct a meaningful world.