Page 13 Principles of Organizational Performance Management Google also

Page 13 principles of organizational performance

This preview shows page 13 - 16 out of 17 pages.

Page 13
Image of page 13
Principles of Organizational Performance Management Google also recommends an active employee development program. Some ideas for this are a professional development stipend, a mentorship program, a special PTO program for learning and development, and an on-sight professional growth library (Sonders, 2018). They also encourage industry or employee-specific benefits be considered as a part of the overall benefits package, such as free or cheaper access to things that the organization provides like health care or lunches (Sonders, 2018). Plan to Improve Employee Engagement A plan to improve employee engagement is based on information within the performance data scorecard show above. Much of what is addressed in the scorecard could be well handled by the addition of a staff member invested solely invested in heart failure patients and their success. ERH will hire a congestive heart failure nurse navigator to work directly with patients and staff nurses for answering questions and easing the transition into optimal care. There are several goals that this nurse can assist in achieving. One goal is to ensure that 100% of patients and families are provided with teaching, including verbal, written and video instruction. Strategies include that she will teach nurses to correctly educate, by using educational databases and/or reaching out to more experienced staff, and document as needed. Specifically, she will evaluate by auditing charts and, in some cases, reaching out directly to patents. Another goal is to see that 100% of patients discharge with medications appropriate to their clinical situation. This includes a prescription for an evidence-based beta blocker and an Page 14
Image of page 14
Principles of Organizational Performance Management ACE or ARB if indicated. In rare cases where these are not prescribed, a contradiction should be given by the prescriber. All medications should have indications listed. Again, the nurse navigator is the point person for this, ensuring that staff nurses have the confidence of having a champion, teacher and mentor in caring for their patients. Strategies to see this effected include prompting within the electronic documentation system. Evaluation will occur with selective auditing of charts by the nurse navigator. A primary goal is that 90% of patients have a follow-up appointment scheduled for them within 7 days of discharge, with appropriate reminder paperwork on leaving, and that the remaining 10% have a follow-up schedule reminder created with detailed instructions and contact information for their physician. The main strategy for this is to give this responsibility to unit secretaries and change nurses and providing prompting within the electronic documentation system and teaching them how to do this correctly. Nurses must also be aware of the process to ensure that it doesn’t get missed. Evaluation will occur, again, with nurse navigator auditing of the patient chart.
Image of page 15
Image of page 16

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 17 pages?

  • Winter '19
  • Philip Tarantino
  • Organizational Performance Management

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes