55. A nurse is caring for an older adult client who has dementia and requires acute care for a respiratory
infection. The client is agitated and is attempting to remove their IV catheter. Which of the following
actions should the nurse take to avoid restraining the client?
Check on the client every 2 hr.
Provide a quiet environment with no distractions.
Turn on the television in the client's room.
Keep the client occupied with a manual activity.
The nurse should provide the client with a manual activity such as a puzzle or an art project.
This can help to distract the client from the IV catheter.
56. A nurse is caring for a client who has breast cancer and tells the nurse that they would like to have
acupuncture because it provides greater relief than pain medication. Which of the following statements
should the nurse make?
57. A nurse is obtaining a medication history from a client who is scheduled to undergo cataract surgery.
The nurse should recognize which of the following client medications is a contraindication for the
surgery and notify the provider?
58. A nurse is reviewing the laboratory results of a client who has aplastic anemia. Which of the following
findings indicates a potential complication?
59. A nurse in an emergency department is assessing an older adult client who has a fractured wrist
following a fall. During the assessment, the client states, “Last week I crashed my car because my
vision suddenly became blurry.” Which of the following actions is the nurse’s priority?
Check the client's neurologic status.
Document the client's statements.
Prepare the client for a CT scan.
Teach the client about using safety precautions for falls.