Moreover americas top 1 have consumed most of these

Info icon This preview shows page 2. Sign up to view the full content.

is that there are too many investors, and not enough investment opportunities resulting in minimal returns. Moreover, America’s top 1% have consumed most of these limited investing opportunities. House Resolution 67 decreases the retirement investment opportunities resulting in further demand in capital investment. America’s retirement problem is directly related to the lack of individuals who use pension plans. Currently, 70% of individuals have access to pension plans, and just over half of individuals use them. The benefit of the old policy is that it made it easier for the remaining 30% to register with retirement savings plans through cities as the auto-enrollment increases both the number of people who have access and use retirement plans. By investing in a retirement fund, it causes one to consume less in the present to have the ability to consume more in the future. For the retirement crisis to be solved, it will require a policy maker able to distinguish between capital investment and investment in retirement funds, and subsequently fix the problem by offering more pension plans with auto-enrollment, and encourage less capital investment. (Words 309)
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.
  • Spring '14
  • ElizabethMulig

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern