You will present your Report to the class in Week 5 1 The presentations must be

You will present your report to the class in week 5 1

This preview shows page 26 - 28 out of 28 pages.

You will present your Report to the class in Week 5 1) The presentations must be submitted to the DROPBOX before the class starts 2) Please use a PowerPoint presentation Include pictures graphs charts and notes 3) 10 minute presentation 4) 3-5 minutes of questions 3) This presentation accounts for 25% of your mid-term grade 4) The remaining 75% will be individually written answer questions 26
Image of page 26
Ci2 2016 – Airplane Exercise feb2016 Report Out Requirements (B) Grading Points: 1) Every team member must contribute and present part of the Report (25%) 1) Each team member must prepare and present at least one slide 2) The team leader will report on how the team functioned during the exercise 2) The Report Out should follow this flow and answer these questions (50%) 1) Introduce your Team, Role, Rules and Process that you developed and used 2) Describe the Exercise; create a value stream map 3) Describe your performance; include waste analysis 4) What changes did you make? 5) What Lean tools, methods and concepts did you learn and apply 6) How did they affect performance? 3) Format, Overall Fun and Professionalism in the presentation (25%) 27 Image Source: Dilbert from: URL: /carminegallo/2013/11/22/h ow-to-turn-death-by- powerpoint-into-a-career- advantage/#28bdc7a987bb
Image of page 27
Ci2 2016 – Airplane Exercise feb2016 Lean Summary 28 Image: Lean = The systematic elimination of waste and re-alignment of resources to deliver value to the customer faster, better, & more consistently Focus: Eliminate waste, non-value add steps, process constraints and bottle necks that cause problems in work throughput Approach: Intuitive and broad - “inch-deep, mile wide” Leading to Leading to Eliminate Waste Reduced Cycle Times Increased Capacity The Five Principles of “Lean Thinking” (Womack & Jones,2003) Define value from the perspective of the Customer Map the value stream Get the stream to “flow” by eliminating waste Allow the customer to “pull” value from the stream Pursue perfection (continuous improvement)
Image of page 28

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 28 pages?

  • Winter '19

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes