For example 95 means 95 of the people represented by a row in the matrix The

For example 95 means 95 of the people represented by

This preview shows page 2 - 3 out of 3 pages.

For example, 95 means 95% of the people represented by a row in the matrix. The column headings under 2016 refer to the row numbers. The first row is Sales managers, and the numbers under column (1) represent people who became Sales managers. By reading the first row we can see that 95% of the people who were sales managers in 2011 are still sales managers in 2016. 5% that are under position (8), “Not in organization,” represent the 5% of employees who are not still sales managers and also have left the organization. In the second row are Sales representatives. From the total number in 2011, 5% were promoted to Sales manager, 60% are still Sales representatives, and 35% have left the organization. In row (3), 50% of Store managers are still in that job, but 20% are now Sales representatives and 30% have left the organization. This pattern of jobs shows a career path from Store managers to Sales representative to Sales manager. On the other hand, some did not get promoted and instead they are leaving. Reading down the columns provides another kind of information: the sources of employees holding the positions in 2016. In the first column, we see that most sales managers (95%) held that same job five years earlier. The other 5% were promoted from Sales representative positions.
Image of page 2
Image of page 3

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 3 pages?

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture