scheduled. When the triple disaster rocked Japan, you did not see looting and chaos in the streets-
people lined up patiently to receive their food supplies and helped each other wherever possible.
6. Why did Toshiba’s internal audit function fail?
(1) internal audit is setted by management or responsible to senior managers, which means it is not quite
independence and it has some limitation.
(2) The fault of the internal audit in Toshiba was that it focused on consultation service rather than assurance
service. It did not pay attention to accounting audit.
(3) Internal auditors may have lacked the skills and experience required to identify shortfalls in accounting
7. Internal vs. external auditors: How can auditors effectively detect company fraud?