58. The protein that promotes translation termination is calledA)terminator.B)polypeptidase.C)release factor.D)doomsday factor. E)X factor.
59. The pathway of a tRNA during polypeptide elongation on the ribosome is:
60. The side chains of nonpolar amino acids are best categorized as:
61. Each amino acid in a protein is specified by: A)several genes.
62. Assembly of transcription factors begins at the ________ sequence in the promoter.A)GGCC.B)AATT.C)ACGT.D)GAGA.E)TATA.
63. Which of the following RNA modifications could best be described as "removal of intervening sequences"?
64. The process of copying a gene's DNA sequence into a sequence of RNA is called
65. The transcribing enzyme is:
66. Which molecule contains the genetic code?A)DNAB)mRNAC)tRNAD)rRNA
67. The first mRNA codon to specify an amino acid is always:
68. RNA contains which bases?
69. A geneticist isolates a gene for a specific trait under study. She also isolates the corresponding mRNA. Upon comparison, the mRNA is found to contain 1,000 fewer bases than the DNA sequence. Did the geneticist isolate the wrong DNA?
70. During translation, the ____ site within the ribosome hold the growing amino acid chain while the ____ site holds the next amino acid to be added to the chain. A)A, PB)P, AC)A, BD)B, A
71. The amino acid structure of a polypeptide chain determines its ____ structure.