42. The term “interposition” is associated with which individual?
43. The Freedom Rides attempted to test which court decision?
44. Which of the following was NOT INITIALLY demanded by the MIA during the Montgomery Bus Boycott?a.courteous treatment of black passengersb.desegregation of the busesc.blacks seated in the rear be allowed to keep their seatsd.the hiring of black drivers on predominantly black routes
45. According to the PBS documentary Eyes on the Prize, why was Emmett Till murdered
46. Police Chief Laurie Pritchett proved to be an exceptional figure during the civil rights era because he
47. Which of the following best characterizes NAACP legal action?
48. Martin Luther King’s “Letter from Birmingham Jail”:A. said it was time to abandon the non-violent approach to civil rightsB. asked moderates to decide which side of the struggle they were on C. criticized Malcolm X and the Black Power movementD. urged President Johnson to carry on Kennedy’s civil rights program