31. The IQ tests developed in the early 1900s had a tendency to measure culture traits more than intellectual capability. What would sociologists say about the internal validity of these IQ measures? What would they say about the reliability of these measures?
32. Who coined the phrase “survival of the fittest”? How did this phrase explain his theory of society?
33. What term refers to the shared beliefs and sentiments that are common to the average members of society? Who coined the term?
34. Who coined the term “sociology”?
35. What term refers to the idea that societies evolve from primitive to higher forms?
36. Describe the three components of the social structure of France before The French Revolution?
37. Émile Durkheim’s analysis of suicide rates in several European countries led him to conclude that social forces underlie suicidal behavior. Describe the two key social forces – social regulationand social integration. How do these kinds of social forces combine togive rise to each of Durkheim’s four types of suicides (egoistic, anomic, altruistic, fatalistic)?