We do not post problems lists from the textbook as they are not representative

We do not post problems lists from the textbook as

This preview shows page 5 - 7 out of 58 pages.

will also be provided to help you study. We do not post problems lists from the textbook, as they are not representative of the questions asked on the midterm and final. The tutorial problems provided on the course page are extensive (over 100 questions with multiple parts each, plus sample midterms and finals), and provide ample practice. Laboratory / Practical Sections Labs will start Tuesday, January 15 th for the PRA0102/4 sections. Please follow the schedule shown on Page 2 for all lab sections. Seats in room MC402 are very limited . For this reason, please be considerate DO NOT attend lab sections other than your own without prior permission from the instructor! Failure to follow this rule will result in a grade of zero for any work submitted for that lab. We regret having to add this rule, but this was a significant complaint in similar courses running in this space, and we must ensure that everyone has fair access to lab resources. Lab handouts will be available from the course webpage before the lab time. Please note that each lab has a pre-lab component which will consist of reading and a deliverable. Generally, it will not be possible to finish the lab in time if you have not completed the pre-lab and read the rest of the lab procedure . Please note that we cannot currently provide access to all lab equipment after-hours, meaning your lab time is very valuable. Do not waste it by coming unprepared. Allowances will be made for significant equipment failure or other unavoidable problems during the lab itself. Lab reports are generally due at the end of the lab session , unless noted otherwise. o For all labs, the pre-lab portion of the deliverable will be worth 0.5%, unless otherwise indicated, and the remainder (completed in-lab ) is worth 2.5%. In total, each of these labs is worth 3% of the final grade. Labs are performed in groups of 2 , which you should form during Lab 1. Occasionally, the TAs may allow a larger group (mostly in the case of significant equipment failure). In such cases, a TA must sign off on the increase, using the prescribed space on your deliverable sheet. For all hand-ins, please clearly indicate the names and student numbers of all students in your group. Groups will be fixed after the first lab session. For each lab, you will be given an organized set of parts; you are expected to return these parts in the same order and condition (excluding any regular wear and tear). The TAs are authorized to deduct lab marks if equipment is not returned or requires significant work to be made usable for the next group. Please be courteous and mindful of the groups that come after you. Please note that we continually improving and updating labs. These changes are the result of feedback processes within the program, changes in the field of Mechatronics, and feedback from industry. We hope that these new labs will flow well and teach you more relevant skills and topics than prior labs in similar courses. That being said, we fully expect small issues to arise from time to time during the first run of these
Image of page 5

Subscribe to view the full document.

6 new labs. We kindly ask you to be understanding during this process, and we will do the same. We hope to
Image of page 6
Image of page 7
  • Spring '17

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Ask Expert Tutors You can ask 0 bonus questions You can ask 0 questions (0 expire soon) You can ask 0 questions (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes