11. What is a leitmotiv?
Practice True/False Questions.
1. Wagner discontinued using the music divisions such as recitatives, arias, and choruses
because he wanted his operas to have a continuous flow of music.
2. Verdi was born in Italy.
3. Puccini was born in Miami.
4. Rossini's Italian patriotism was recognized by the Italian public when they would shout
"Victor, Emmanuel, Rex d'Italia" after his operas.
5. Verdi's operas were not successful until the beginning of the 21st century.
6. In Verdi's opera Rigoletto, the aria La donna è mobile is sung by Rigoletto's daughter Gilda.
7. Puccini was no child prodigy and had a slow start establishing his career as an opera
8. Puccini's opera La bohème has a happy ending.
9. A "habanera" is a slow, religious song sung in the mass of the Roman Catholic church.
10. King Ludwig II of Bavaria was a big supporter and patron of the opera composer Richard