10. How long will Lucy have to wait before her $2,500 invested at 6% earns $600 in simple interest? A. 2 years B. 3 years C. 4 years D. 5 years E. 6 years 11. What is 35% of a number if 12 is 15% of a number?
12. A computer is on sale for $1600, which is a 20% discount off the regular price. What is the regular price? 13. A car dealer sells a SUV for $39,000, which represents a 25% markup over the dealer's cost. What was the cost of the SUV to the dealer? 14. After having to pay increased income taxes this year, Edmond has to sell his BMW. Edmond bought the car for $49,000, but he sold it for a 20% loss. What did Edmond sell the car for? A. $24,200 B. $28,900 C. $35,600 D. $37,300 E. $39,200 15. At a company fish fry, ½ in attendance are employees. Employees' spouses are 1/3 of the attendance. What is the percentage of the people in attendance who are not employees or employee spouses? 16. If 6 is 24% of a number, what is 40% of the same number
17. 25% of 400 = 18. 22% of $900 = A. 90 B. 198 C. 250 D. 325 E. 375 19. Which of the following percentages is equal to 0.45? 20. Which of these percentages equals 1.25? Answer Key 1. C 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. E 6. B 7. C 8. D 9. A 10. C
11. C 12. C 13. B 14. E 15. B 16. B 17. A 18. B 19. D 20. C Practice Questions 1. After practice, the girl's softball team stated, “We're famished!” Famishedmeans 2. The newborn baby was enamored with the rattle. Enamoredmeans A. Fascinated B. Happy C. Unsure what to do D. Aggravated 3. When having a problem, it is best to dissect the situation then act. Dissectmeans 4. The bouncer's countenance discouraged brawls. Countenancemeans
5. The child apprized her father's authority and behaved herself in church. Apprizedmeans 6. The aural component of balance is critical for postural control during ambulation. Auralmeans related to the A. Eyes B. Ears C. Nose D. Hands 7. The wound exhibited signs of copious drainage requiring medical intervention. Copiousmeans 8. The scientist was able to evoke powerful emotions from her audience. Evokemeans 9. The official exhibited a heedless attitude when dealing with the dignitaries. Heedless mean
You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read all 25 pages?
- Fall '19
- Test, Districts of Vienna, c., E.