138. Kari and Lillian, who are citizens of Mississippi, are involved in a case related to the adoption of
their child. Over this case, Mississippi state courts have
a. concurrent jurisdiction with federal courts.
b. concurrent jurisdiction with other state courts.
d. no jurisdiction.
139. Kevin is a judge hearing the case of
Local Dispatch Co. v. National Transport Corp
. Applying the
relevant rule of law to the facts of the case requires Kevin to find previously decided cases that, in
relation to the case under consideration, are
140. Marie claims that a Nebraska state statute infringes on her “procedural due process” rights. This
claim focuses on
141. Quest Inc., a U.S. firm, and Real Treks, Ltd., a Canadian firm, enter into a contract that does not
have a forum-selection or choice-of-law clause. Litigation between Quest and Real Treks involving this
contract may occur in
142. Major Construction & Manufacturing Corporation makes a side payment to a government official in
India. Under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, this is permitted
a. only if the payment is to a minor official whose duties are ministerial.