Conjugate the verb to defy, negatively.Conjugate the verb to think, interrogatively and negatively.Vocabulary Test 1Whether you are a businessman, a student or a professional writer, having a vast vocabulary is essential. Test your skills with the 20 questions below!
Top of Form 1. Idiosyncrasy is: the ideology of a political party or organizationa peculiar habit or characteristic of an individual or groupa synchronous movement between two mechanical partsa characteristic of selfish people 2. Someone with excessive concern for precision and formal rules is: 3. Beleaguer means:
4. “John’s __________ was irritating. He was reluctant even to buy bread!” 5. An ombudsman is: an impartial person who watches for administrative abuses inside organizationsa person with unrivaled powers inside the governmentthe head of any organization who is elected by a majority voting system
a person who is granted political asylum in a country that is facing civil war 6. If something is in oblivion: 7. The fights on the streets created a big:
8. Mary was always able to recover quickly from misfortunes. She was very: 9. A Pyrrhic victory is: a naval victory where all the ships from one side sinka victory where one of the sides fleesactually a stalematea victory with huge losses10. The ________ steps confirmed he was hiding from someone.
11. A bipartisan act: 12. Recoil means:
13. Fred was in a hurry so he entered the room: arrogantlylonelybrisklyquietly 14. The __________ moon was shiny that night. 15. An algorithm is:
You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read all 40 pages?
- Fall '10
- Angelica Magtibay
- Grammatical mood, Subjunctive mood