High incentives for franchisees to maximize sales d

This preview shows page 5 - 9 out of 11 pages.

High incentives for franchisees to maximize salesDDecentralization of decision rights to franchisees in running the operation
QUESTION:13TYPE:MULTIPLE CHOICE
[QUESTION BANK ID:17033]CORRECT<< HIDE ANSWERSA
QUESTION:14[QUESTION BANK ID:94992]TYPE:MULTIPLE CHOICECORRECTTen bidders in an oral auction have the following values for an antique clock ($10, $9, $8, $7, $6, $5, $4, $3, $2, $1). If bidders of the $10 and $9 bids collude and bidders of the $3, $4, and $5 bids collude, what will the winning price be?<< HIDE ANSWERS
QUESTION:15[QUESTION BANK ID:26448]TYPE:MULTIPLE CHOICECORRECT<< HIDE ANSWERSA
QUESTION:16[QUESTION BANK ID:83412]TYPE:MULTIPLE CHOICECORRECTWhy might a company use an indirect price discrimination scheme versus direct price discrimination?<< HIDE ANSWERSAThe different customer types shop at different storiesBThe demand for each customer type is the sameCThe different customer types cannot be uniquely identified directlyDThe company can prevent arbitrage between its different customer types
QUESTION:17[QUESTION BANK ID:55294]TYPE:MULTIPLE CHOICEINCORRECTA suntan lotion company is interested in expanding to another market. In Miami, there is a 60% chance ofselling 5,000 units at a $5 profit/unit, a 20% chance of selling 4,000 at a $8 profit/unit, and a 20% chance of losing $5,000. In Las Vegas, there is a 70% chance of selling 5,000 units at a $6 profit/unit, a 20% chance of selling 4,000 at a $7 profit/unit, and a 10% chance of losing $5,000. Finally, in San Diego, thereis a 40% chance of selling 8,000 units at a $9 profit/unit, a 20% chance of selling 4,000 at a $9 profit/unit, and a 40% chance of losing $20,000. To enter each market there is a cost of $15,000. What market should the company enter?<< HIDE ANSWERS
QUESTION:18[QUESTION BANK ID:10799]TYPE:MULTIPLE CHOICECORRECTWhen are collusions least likely to occur?<< HIDE ANSWERS
QUESTION:19[QUESTION BANK ID:114553]TYPE:MULTIPLE CHOICECORRECTWhich is NOT an example of bundling?<< HIDE ANSWERSA
QUESTION:20[QUESTION BANK ID:25848]TYPE:MULTIPLE CHOICECORRECTWhich of the following questions should NOT be asked when trying to diagnose an organizational problem?

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture