21. How will the battle between Grendel’s mother and Beowulf end?
22. Who is Beowulf’s father? Who is Unferth? What is Hrunting?
23. To what extent has Beowulf remained an epic hero?
24. Paraphrase lines 467-481.Beowulf, who has supernatural swimming abilities, sinks to the bottom of the lake in search of Grendel’s mother. She grabs him with her claws, tries unsuccessfully to harm him and drags him back to her home. He tries to fight back but can’t free his weapon.
25. What literary elements are used to describe Beowulf’s sword in lines 494-495 and and in the lines that follow why is his sword useless against Grendel’s mother?
26. How is the heavy sword which Beowulf grabs from the wall different from the previous sword?