85. People without health insurance coverage are
likely to seek prenatal care than those with
86. Of those who lack health insurance, one-quarter are children under age 16.
87. The United States spends more on health care than any other nation, yet we do not provide access to
care for our entire population.
88. The high administrative costs of commercial health insurance companies contribute to the high cost of
health care in the United States and are largely passed on to consumers.
89. It's better to find out about living wills and durable power of attorney after your loved one gets sick,
90. One important strategy for helping a loved one through a health crisis is to be patient with them. In
particular, you should talk to your loved one about his or her feelings, concerns, and fears.
91. Name five things you can do to be proactive in your health care.
4. If you use a complementary and alternative medicine therapy such as acupuncture, choose a
practitioner with care.
5. Bring a friend or relative along to medical visits to help you review what the doctor says. If you go
alone, take notes.