25 senior managers middle level managers other 30 40 50 60

25 senior managers middle level managers other 30 40

This preview shows page 36 - 41 out of 61 pages.

25
Background image
senior managersmiddle level managersother employees0102030405060frequencypercentageFigure 4.3 Cadre of Staff4.3.4 Level of Education.The research sought to establish the various levels of education of the respondents.Table 4.3 below is a representation of this data. It indicates that most of the respondents had degree that is 37%, diploma27.8 %, masters 25.9% and certificate 9.3%Table 4.4 Level of EducationLevel of EducationFrequencyPercentage %Certificate 59.3Diploma1527.8Degree2037Masters1425.9Total54100Source field data (2019)26
Background image
2.20%31.10%40.00%26.70%; 26.70%CertificateDiplomaDegreeMastersFigure 4.4 Level of EducationThe level of education and qualification had a role in determining and evaluating whether therespondents had the required knowledge to understand the research concept. The research shows that allrespondents had post-secondary level of training hence were able to understand all the concepts intraining and development.4.3.5. Working DurationThe respondents are employees of K.P.A. They had worked in different duration depending on when onewas recruited. The duration worked is presented by the table below;Table 4.5 Number of Years WorkedYearsFrequencyPercentageLess than a year814.81-52546.26-101527.811-1547.5More than 1523.7Total 54100The table above 4.5 shows that employees who worked for longer duration at the organization hadattended a lot of training compared to those who had worked for less than a year.The largest number of employees have been working between 1-5yrs (46.2%), 6-10yrs (27.8%) ,11-15years (7.5%) and more than 15 years (3.7%) and the rest have worked less than a year represented by14.8%.27
Background image
Less than an year1 yr - 5yr6yr - 10yrs11yrs - 15yrsMore than 15 yrs05101520253035404550Number of years workedFrequencyPercentageFigure 4.5 Number of Years Worked4.3.6 Frequency of TrainingRespondent had different training frequencies. Majority went for training quarterly in a year 37%, once ayear 27.7%, some after every six months 20%, after every two years 18.5% and the rest with nospecifications training schedule 1.8%. This was represented in the table below,Table 4.6 Frequency of TrainingDurationFrequencyPercentageQuarterly2037Every six months1520Once a year827.7Every two years1018.5No specification11.8Total5410028
Background image
QuarterlyEvery six monthsOnce a yearEvery two yearsNo specification0510152025303540FrequencyPercentageFigure 4.6 Frequency of Training4.4 Findings4.4.1 Onboard training program.The researcher sought to find out if the respondents benefited with the onboard training in their workplace to improve performance.Table 4.7 Onboard TrainingResponseFrequencyPercentageYes4990.7No59.3Total54100The above table shows that 90.7% of the respondents agreed that through on board training they hadimproved performance in their jobs while on the other hand 9.3% did not get what entailed onboardtraining and had not been exposed to on board training.
Background image
Image of page 41

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture