4. Using four rectangles, of width 1, which touch the curve on the left, estimate the
area under the graph of
+ 1 from
= 0 to
5. Redo problem 4 but now the rectangles touch the curve on the right.
6. Reredo problem 4 but now the rectangles touch the curve at the midpoint of the top
7. Rereredo problem 4 but with eight rectangles (of width 1
8. Rerereredo problem 4 but with 12 rectangles (this may take a while).
9. Find the exact area beneath the curve (in the same interval).
Does having more
rectangles lead to a better estimate?