The annual agreement is a formal discussion between

  • Liberty University
  • EDCE 661
  • Essay
  • TorisMommy
  • 13
  • 100% (59) 59 out of 59 people found this document helpful

This preview shows page 5 - 7 out of 13 pages.

The annual agreement is a formal discussion between the school counselor and administrators that defines the roles and responsibilities of the professional school counselor and the program goals of the CSCP. The goals set forth in the agreement are based on collected and reviewed school data that is designed to create an action plan to address achievement gaps (Dollarhide & Saginak, 2017). The professional school counselor should dedicate 80% of their time in direct and indirect service to students and the remaining 20% should be utilized for program management and school support services (ASCA, 2012). In addition, “the outcome of an intentional and meaningful annual agreement conversation is a clear rationale and consensus for the school counselor’s use of time based on current school data and ASCA’s recommended school counselor role statement” (Dollarhide & Saginak, 2017, p. 76). According to the ASCA’s (2012) annual agreement template the following items should be included.
· School counseling program mission statement · School counseling program goals · Use of time assessment · Professional development goals · School counselor responsibilities · Advisory council meeting dates · Planning and results documents · Professional collaboration and responsibilities · Budget materials and supplies · School counselor availability and caseload · Role and responsibilities of other staff/volunteers The ASCA (2012) recommends the following steps for developing an effective school counseling annual agreement. · Review the annual agreement as a school counseling team early in the year to determine any needed information. · Determine sections of the agreement that will be essential to all localized school counselors. · Complete one annual agreement template per school counselor within one month of starting the school year. · Collect signatures from necessary parties on the annual agreement before the end of the second month of school. · Review the agreement with the school principal. o Provide a thorough overview of the CSCP goals based on the annual agreement. o Consider and adjust the annual agreement based on the school principals’ recommendations. · Collect signatures from necessary parties on the annual agreement before the end of the second month of school. 2) Student describes the purpose and functions of an advisory committee and identifies who would be invited to be members of the committee and why. The school counseling advisory council is a group of individuals committed to reviewing and advising on the school counseling program. Candidates for the advisory council should be individuals in the community committed to the school counseling program. They will advocate for the program because they are confident in the programs and see the benefits in student achievement as a direct result of the CSCP. The members of this council are advocates for the school counseling program by educating the public on the necessity of it and seeking funding and resources to

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture