Page 9 40. The pluralistic themes of black power were a reaction to the failure of assimilation and integration of the 1950s and 1960s.
41. The Black Power Movement and the Nation of Islam encouraged full participation of black women as leaders in their movements. A) True B) False
42. The manufacturing sector of the workplace has stopped growing, and the jobs available to minority groups in the service sector often pay low wages and offer low benefits, no security, and no links to increased opportunity.
43. The culture of poverty theory proves that the problem of urban poverty is due to female-headed families with “bad” or inappropriate work values.
44. The Moynihan Report, which supports the “culture of poverty” theory, could be considered by critics as an example of “blaming the victim.”
45. Unfortunately, the black middle class has decreased since Reconstruction era. A) True B) False
46. Modern racism supports the idea that African Americans are inherently inferior based on biological differences.