12. How does Antigone react when Ismene seeks to claim some responsibility for the burial?
1. Contrast this Odewith the previous one, the Ode to Man.
2. Is this ode's thought and tone similar or different? What, if anything, has changed?
3. How are the gods depicted in the ode?
4. According to the ode, what might the happy man expect?
Episode 3 (to 100)1. What is Haemon’s relationship with Creon? With Antigone?
2. How does Haemon first seek to gain Creon’s favor?
3. As he addresses Haemon, what are some of his justifications for keeping to his word inpunishing Antigone? You might pay close attention to his discussion of women here.
4. What is Haemon’s argument for why Antigone should not be punished?