11. Jordan studies consciousness by training himself to objectively report on his own sensations, which is similar to how to _____ school investigated psychology.
12. Marwan has been shy his whole life, and he is not sure what underlies this trait. Which subfield of psychology might hold some answers for Marwan?
13. Psychological science is based on critical thinking. This means that psychological scientists
14. Psychologists such as William James believed that the mind is too complex to be broken down into smaller parts, largely because it is changing constantly. William James’s beliefs became known as which school of psychology?
15. Raj is interested in how religious beliefs influence political engagement. Which level of analysis best fits Raj’s research questions?
16. Ralph loves his birthday, but he tends to eat too much throughout the day. At the ________ level, there may be hormonal reasons for why Ralph is prone to overeating. At the _______ level, it is hard for Ralph to turn down second helpings when his friends keep buying him meals.
17. The systematic, objective study of out mental activity and behavioris called
18. When attempting to understand the connection between psychological and physical problems, Freud concluded that
Moderate19. Natural Selection is
20. Your family recently adopted a dog from an animal shelter. Intially, the dog seemed nervous and territorial, but after a few weeks she became affectionate and calm. Which of the following must play some role in the dog’s behavior?