15. A product liability action based on negligence does not require privity of contract
between the injured plaintiff and the defendant-manufacturer.
15. To successfully assert a design defect, a plaintiff has to show that no reasonable
alternative design was available.
16. Under the authority of a long arm statute, a court can exercise personal jurisdiction
over certain out-of-state defendants.
17. The First Amendment does not require a complete separation of church and state.
18. Given today’s global communications network, most companies can assume that
their actions in other nations will go unnoticed.
1. Tort law provides remedies for acts that cause personal injury but not for acts
that interfere with physical security.
21. Garth owns two all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), worth $1,000 and $500, respec-tively.
Helen agrees to buy “Garth’s ATV” for $750. Garth believes, in good faith, that he is