• Be sure there are no objects on the cart.
should be set
Question: How does force affect
1. Run Gizmo: Press
. What was the final speed of the cart?
2. Predict: Would the cart’s final speed be higher or lower if the fan were set to
Higher because more force is pushing the cart the higher the fan
3. Experiment: Click
What was the cart’s final speed?
4. Draw conclusion: Did the cart speed up more quickly with the fan on
5. Generalize: On
the fan provides more force than on
. Make two rules by filling
in the blanks below. (Put the same word in both blanks.)
6. Predict: Select the DATA tab. Choose
. This graph shows the cart
speed over time. How would the graph be different if the fan were on
7. Test: Check your prediction with the Gizmo. What do you observe?