5. What volume would the butane gas sample occupy at a pressure of 2.35 atm?
1. Which of the gases used in this lab obeyed Boyle’s Law?
2. How would you expect a sample of pentane to behave under similar experimental conditions?
3. Suppose a student plotted the pressure of propane in atm (
axis) versus the volume of propane in mL (
axis). What shape do you
expect the graph to have?
4. Suppose 2.00 atm of an ideal gas occupies a volume of 80 mL. What pressure will the gas have when the volume is expanded to
5. The bubble wrap shown in the figure below is often used to protect fragile objects during shipping. Bubble wrap tends to pop when
stepped onto or squeezed. How can you explain this using Boyle’s Law?