34. The Lower South, the Upper South, and the Border South all shared
35. In the South, free persons of color
36. __________ is the term used to refer to a person of mixed white and black ancestry in the 19th century in the Old South.
37. The foreign slave trade was outlawed in the United States in _______ under President________.
38. Which of the following statements regarding the domestic slave trade is most accurate?
39. The vast majority of slaves in the South
40. In general, slaves living in southern cities
41. Which of the following statements regarding men’s and women’s experience of slavery is most accurate?
42. Which statement about marriage among slaves is most accurate?
43. In ___________, such as “Go Down, Moses,” slaves expressed their longing to be free.
44. Which of the following statements regarding slave families is not accurate?
45. Which of the following statements regarding African American religion is not accurate?