Award: 10.00 points
for all students.
The following is a December 31, 2016, postclosing trial balance for Almway Corporation.
Patents (net of amortization)
1. The investment account includes an investment in common stock of another corporation of $30,000
which management intends to hold for at least three years. The balance of these investments is intended
to be sold in the coming year.
2. The land account includes land which cost $25,000 that the company has not used and is currently listed
3. The cash account includes $15,000 restricted in a fund to pay bonds payable that mature in 2019 and
$23,000 set aside in a threemonth Treasury bill.
4. The notes payable account consists of the following:
a. a $30,000 note due in six months.
b. a $50,000 note due in six years.
c. a $50,000 note due in five annual installments of $10,000 each, with the next installment due
February 15, 2017.
5. The $60,000 balance in accounts receivable is net of an allowance for uncollectible accounts of $8,000.
6. The common stock account represents 100,000 shares of no par value common stock issued and
outstanding. The corporation has 500,000 shares authorized.
Prepare a classified balance sheet for the Almway Corporation at December 31, 2016.
(Amounts to be
deducted should be indicated by a minus sign.)