20) Which of the following statements is true regarding deep acting? 20) ______
A) A health care provider trying to genuinely feel more empathy for her patients is deep acting. B) Deep acting deals with displayed emotions as opposed to surface acting. C) Deep acting is hiding inner feelings and forgoing emotional expressions in response to display rules. D) Research shows surface acting is less stressful to employees than deep acting. E) A worker who smiles at a customer even when he doesn't feel like it is deep acting.
21) What term is used for those emotions that an organization requires workers to show and considers appropriate in a given job? 21) ______
22) Rahael's team was recently responsible for missing a major sales goal. According to the affective events theory, which of the following is most likely to occur? 22) ______
23) On which day of the week does negative affect tend to be the highest? 23) ______
24) Judy has been having a very difficult time at work. Her supervisor is constantly making her work long hours and is usually very critical of her behavior. This constant negativity is taking a toll on Judy and she is starting to experience hatred toward her job. According to the theory of emotional regulation, Judy needs to do which of the following to control her spiraling emotions? 24) ______
A) Vent…letting it out clears the soul.B) Dance…a hobby is always a good diversion.C) Exercise…get some endorphins going.D) Drink…a little alcohol count help her chill out.E) Curse…a few choice words will help. 25) Research has indicated that people in a ________ mood are better able to ________.