26. The increasing use of knowledge workers has made human resources even more important.
27. Consultants, part-time workers, and temporary employees are all contingent workers.
28. Ed contracts with various engineering companies to work on specific jobs. When the jobs are concluded, he may begin work for another company or for the same company on a different job. Ed is an example of a contingent worker.
29. Those activities directed at attracting, developing, and maintaining an effective workforce are called
30. Given the environment in which organizations must function today, which of the following statements about human resource management (HRM) is FALSE?
31. Which of the following labor regulations could have potentially prevented a 2006 mine accident in West Virginia that killed 11 miners? A. National Labor Relations ActB. Fair Labor Standards ActC. Labor-Management Relations ActD.Occupational Safety and Health ActE. Civil Rights Act of 1991