The nature of payment problems in the new zealand construction industy.pdf

For legal disputes between principals and contractors

  • No School
  • AA 1
  • 12

This preview shows page 6 - 8 out of 12 pages.

For legal disputes between principals and contractors, 60% of the times the principals were the plaintiff while in the remaining 40%, the plaintiff were the contractors. This would suggest that payment delays and losses are more likely to be among principals, and contractors than with subcontractors. Analysis of the cases reveal that the disputes deal primarily with the validity of progress and final payment claims, claims for variation cost, variation between
Image of page 6

Subscribe to view the full document.