34. Which of these (rather bizarre) scenarios would illustrate the founder effect?
A) An outbreak of SARS decimates the population of China, leaving behind only those few resistant to infection or lucky enough to be caught in the first wave while hospital care was still available.B) A spaceship lands on Earth, collects several families from rural Kentucky, and transports them to a new planet to start a colony.C) Society's obsession with ultra-thin women has progressed to the point where most successful women remain thin by hiring surrogate females to gestate a zygote created from their oocyte and donor sperm. However, surrogate females with broad "child bearing" hips are in short supply, and the frequency of difficulty in childbirth is increasing.D) All of these illustrate the founder effect.E) None of these illustrate the founder effect.
35. Which of these is not a mode of natural selection?
36. Which of these individuals would show a higher Darwinian fitness?
37. Which of these might be considered a neutral mutation?
38.Gene flow occurs when individuals migrate between populations with different:
A.Allele frequencies. B. Mutation rate. C. Genotype frequencies D. none of the above
39. If a population experiences no migration, is very large, has no mutations, has random mating, and there is no selection, which of the
following would you predict?