25. A defining characteristic of a secondary group is thata.it is created for a specific purpose.b.it has relatively fluid boundaries.c.it has formal social control mechanisms.d.it demands only a limited segment of members’ lives.e.all of theseANS: E
26. Which is NOTa characteristic of secondary groups?
27. Which of the following is a characteristic of primary groups?
28. Groups that are relatively impersonal and task-oriented tend to be
29. The students and faculty at a large Midwestern university would best be described asa.a primary group.b.a social conglomeration.c.a social category.d.a secondary group.e.a tertiary group. ANS: D