8. When an anti-assignment clause exists in a contract, a court will not enforce it
because it is against public policy.
9. A contract cannot forbid the assignment of the right to receive
also cannot be restricted for the transfer of
, also called a restraint
. A contract cannot prohibit the assignment of checks or promissory
notes, also called
. The right to receive
in a contract for the
also can be assigned, even if the contract forbids it.
10. The term alienation refers to:
11. Giving notice is not legally required to establish the validity of an assignment, but
it is a good idea for which of the following two reasons:
12. Duties cannot be assigned but they can be delegated.
13. Delegation is ineffective when the duties are
in nature, when performance
by a third party will vary
from the expected performance, or when the