Course Hero Logo

47 e commerce awareness the findings indicate that of

Course Hero uses AI to attempt to automatically extract content from documents to surface to you and others so you can study better, e.g., in search results, to enrich docs, and more. This preview shows page 23 - 29 out of 45 pages.

4.7 E-commerce awarenessThe findings indicate that of the 36.36% of the whole sample sizewho do not use e-commercein their business, 85.71% know what e-commerce is while 14.29% do not have any idea about e-commerce.23
Reasons for not using e-commerceFrom the findings, 32.14 % of the population which do not use e-commerce reasoned that lack ofinternet devices is among the reasons why they haven’t adopted e-commerce in their business.Whereas 67.86% thought that lack of internet devices is not a contributing factor towards lack ofe-commerce usage in their business.24
The findings show that 28.57% of the population that do not use e-commerce stated that lack ofinternet access is a contributing factor towards the non-usage. The respondents stated that eventhough they have the access to some of the internet devices, it is hard to find a strong internetconnection. On the other hand, 71.43% did not find lack of internet access as a hindering factor.As the figure above shows, 32.14% of the population not using e-commerce, do not do sobecause they lack the knowledge of how it can be adopted or implemented in a business. They do25
not know how to blend their traditional way of doing business with the internet. On the otherhand, 67.86% have knowledge on how it can be implemented but they are yet to do soS.As the findings indicates, 96.43% do not find the lack of legal and regulatory system facilitatingadoption of e-commerce as a contributing factor towards non-usage. Only 3.571% thought thatthe lack of legal and regulatory system facilitating e-commerce adoption in the country is one ofthe factors they haven’t adopted it in their businesses.10.71% of the population not using e-commerce haven’t adopted it because they fear cyber-26
attacks. They fear their systems being hacked into and data stolen. However, 89.29% do notthink of it as a contributing factor for non-usage.The figure above shows that 39.29% of the population not using e-commerce, are yet to adopt itbecause of lack of enough funds to do so. The high investment costs associated with e-commerceadoption or usage has led many SMEs to shun away from it. On the other hand, 60.71% think theinvestment costs are not a hindering factor.4.8 Perception of SMEs on e-commerceThe findings highlighted that 67.53 % of the SMEs regard e-commerce as an opportunity to theirbusiness. The reasons for their positive orientation towards e-commerce were manually analyzed.Out of the 57 respondents; 25 of the respondents attested that e-commerce facilitates expansionof their customer base;6 of the respondents claimed that customers can easily place orders for27
their goods without having to physically go to the shop ;2 respondents stated that customers canreadily access the goods online ; 7 respondents stated that e-commerce smoothenscommunication between the seller and the consumer who is geographically far ; 6 respondentsexpounded that e-commerce improves the speed of transactions ; 3 respondents indicatedthatmoneypayments made online such through MO626 or Airtel Money are secure and reduce therisk of theft that isoften associated with dealing with physical cash.

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

End of preview. Want to read all 45 pages?

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

Term
Fall
Professor
Leonard Shawa
Tags
The Land, A Mercy, The Study

Newly uploaded documents

Show More

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture