08 decision alternative station maximum in a row

This preview shows page 7 - 10 out of 10 pages.

MGT 780 – (EXERCISE 2) DECISION ANALYSISf)Develop an opportunity loss tableMaximum payoff - Actual payoff = Opportunity LossDecision Alternative(Station)State of NatureGOODMARKETFAIRMARKETPOOR MARKETSMALL300000- 50000=25000030000-20000=10000-10000-(-10000)=0MEDIUM300000-80000=22000030000-30000=0-10000-(-20000)=10000LARGE300000-10000=20000030000-30000=0-10000-(-40000)=30000VERY LARGE300000-300000=030000-25000=5000-10000-(-160000)=150000g)What is the minimax regret decision?
Decision Alternative(Station)State of NatureGOODMARKETFAIRMARKETPOORMARKETMINIMAXSMALL250000100000250000MEDIUM220000010000220000LARGE200000030000200000VERY LARGE05000150000150000
MGT 780 – (EXERCISE 2) DECISION ANALYSISQUESTION 3-31Beverly Mills has decided to lease a hybrid car to save on gasoline expenses and to do herpart to help keep the environment clean. The car she selected is available from only onedealer in the local area, but that dealer has several leasing options to accommodate avariety of driving patterns. All the leases are for 3 years and require no money at the time ofsigning the lease. The first option has a monthly cost of $330, a total mileage allowance of36,000 miles (an average of 12,000 miles per year), and a cost of $0.35 per mile for anymiles over 36,000. The following table summarizes each of the three lease option:3-YEAR LEASEMONTHLY COSTMILEAGEALLOWANCECOST PER EXCESSMILEOption 1$33036,000$0.35Option 2$38045,000$0.25Option 3$43054,000$0.15Beverly has estimated that, during the 3 year of the lease, there is a 40% chance she willdrive an average of 12,000 miles per year, a 30% chance she will drive an average of 15,000miles per year, and a 30% chance that she will drive 18,000 miles per year. In evaluatingthese lease options, Beverly would like to keep her costs as low as possible. a)Develop a payoff (cost) table for this situation.
b)What decision would Beverly make if she were optimistic?
MGT 780 – (EXERCISE 2) DECISION ANALYSIS

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture