D) JIT production.
17) Which of the following is an example of a cost item that should be classified as an
internal failure cost?
18) The cost of testing incoming raw materials from a supplier would be classified as a(n)
C) internal failure
D) external failure
19) The cost of testing incoming raw materials from a supplier would be classified as a(n)
20) Which of the following is
an advantage of an ERP system?
21) Before these materials are used to manufacture its cars, Toyota classifies steel, glass,
and plastic as
22) Joe's Bottling Company provided the following expense information for July:
Assembly-line workers' wages
Depreciation on factory equipment
Caps for bottles
Reconfiguring the assembly line
Salaries of salespeople
Customer support hotline
Salaries of research scientists
Customer toll-free order line
What is the total cost for the production category of the value chain?